Afraid to wear linen, because it wrinkles easily? Fear not, linen wrinkles and will wrinkle. As someone once said, “That’s how you know it’s real.” And by “real” they meant unlike linen-wannabes made of synthetic fibers. The world’s most expensive linens will wrinkle. Still, wrinkling is just one of its attributes that make it a misunderstood luxury fabric. We present five more facts about linen that will make you rethink adding linen to your summer wardrobe.
- Linen is durable. It is one of the most sustainable fabrics on the planet. You can buy linen now and it would still hold up for decades.
- Linen is stronger than cotton, which means it can be used for multiple purposes from bedding to clothing and anything in-between.
- Linen is a great heat conductor, which explains why it is a preferable fabric to wear on hot days.
- Linen holds moisture well and feels lighter though body perspiration, rain or any other moisture will dampen it.
- Linen blends are fine for suiting that will be largely worn indoors or on cooler days. One-hundred percent linen can be lined and should be for a more professional look.
The Suited Fox has a wide selection of 100% luxury linen and quality linen blends for shirts, slacks, jackets and suits. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and purchase.